Kinds of Noun: Do you have about the concept of Noun? Don’t worry, just follow this idea here and you will get a detailed study of the kinds of Noun.
What is a Noun? Or Definition of Noun
The noun is a word used for naming some person, animal, place, thing, idea or action, qualities associated with a person, place or even activities.
Any Naming word is a Noun.
The words, that kids learn during their Kg Studies from their parents that are mostly Noun.
Kinds of Noun
There are five types of Noun in our English Grammar.
- Common Noun
- Proper Noun
- Compound Noun
- Abstract Noun
- Collective Noun
1) Common Noun
A common noun refers to any and every person or thing of the same kind or class, not to a particular person or thing is called Common Noun.
Example: Cow, Man, Girl, Continent, Capital, Country, Industries.
- India is the 7th largest country in the World.
- A laptop is a machine.
- The Bay of Bengal is a sea
- MS Dhoni was the Captain of the Indian Cricket team.
- Narendra Modi is the best Prime Minister of India.
Here country, machine, sea, captain, cricket team and Prime Minister are Common Noun
2) Proper Noun
A Proper Noun is the name of the particular person, name or thing. A proper noun always begins with a capital letter as the first letter of the word.
Example: Rubi, Rahul, John, Subhendu, Mahanadi, Himalaya, Japan, etc.
- Rubi is a silly girl.
- Himalaya is at Northside of India.
- Puri is located in Odisha.
- Japan is one of the most developed countries in the world.
- Ram Mandir’s case was one of the most Controversy in India.
Here Rubi, Himalaya, India, Puri, Japan and Ram Mandir are Common Noun
3) Compound Noun
When two or more nouns combined to form a single noun and behave as a single noun, such a noun is called Compound Noun.
Example: Housewife, Taxi Driver, School Teacher, Bank Manager, Post Man
- Bank Manager rejected my application.
- The school teacher was the best humble person in our society.
- Mantu just selected as the Postmaster of our Village.
- The Bus-Conductor is behaving angrily with travelers.
- My mother is a housewife.
Here Bank Manager, School Teacher, postmaster, Bus-Conductor, Housewife are Compound Nouns.
4) Abstract Noun
An Abstract Noun is a noun, that indicates quality, an action, the concept is known as Abstract Noun. We can neither see nor touch any Abstract noun.
Example: Beauty, Kindness, Childhood, Anger, coward, youth, etc.
- Beauty is not in fact, it is always in the heart.
- Kindness is such a word, through this word a blind can see and deaf can hear.
- Childhood is the best part of our life.
- Anger can destroy anything in our life.
- Youth is the manpower of every country.
Here, Beauty, Kindness Childhood, Anger, Youth are the examples of Abstract Noun
5) Collective Noun
A collective noun is a name of a collection, a group of people, things taken together, but spoken as one is known as collective Noun.
Example: Army, Crowed, Police, Government, Class
- The Indian Army is capable to destroy Pakistan.
- Police encountered the Hydrabad Rapist.
- Central Government launched Mudra Yojana.
- Alok is the monitor of class 10th.
- Crowd killed the terrorist.